This Workshop on 29 January is your opportunity to contribute to ART’s submission on the Commonwealth Integrity Commission Bill (CIC) to the Attorney-General’s Department.
The workshop is your opportunity to contribute to ART’s submission on the Commonwealth Integrity Commission Bill (CIC) to the Attorney-General’s Department.
The workshop can also help you develop your own submission.
- Sarah Chidgey (Deputy Secretary, Attorney General’s Department) will outline the Bill.
- Stephen Charles (lead writer for ART submission) will outline contentious provisions.
Break-out groups will each deliberate on a theme in the CIC, feeding into ART and other submissions.
- Face-to-face: The Melbourne Multicultural Hub, 506 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne,
- Remote: via Zoom (link to be circulated on 28 January 2021)
- Date: Friday 29 January 2021
- Time: 1:30 for 2:00 start – 5:00 pm (AEDT)
Registration is open from Monday 18 January.
Registration is for the Workshop is possible at: (1) a physical venue (The Melbourne Multicultural Hub), OR (2) a remote (online Zoom) venue. Please register using the relevant link below.
There is a strict cap on attendance in-person at the physical venue (Multicultural Hub) Workshop due to coronavirus health directives. If all places are filled at the physical venue, additional applicants are able to to register to attend the parallel remote (online Zoom) Workshop.
- Face-to-face Venue (Multicultural Hub): https://www.trybooking.com/BOCOH OR
- Remote Venue (Zoom link emailed on 28 January 2021) https://www.trybooking.com/BOFCL
Please register at only one venue i.e. face-to-face or remote.
Registrations will close when fully booked or not later than 6pm, Wednesday 27 January 2021. The Multicultural Hub staff will refuse entry to anyone not registered by 6pm on 27 January 2021.
Break-out groups are an essential part of the Workshop. Each break-out group attending in-person at the Multicultural Hub, will discuss one of the themes listed below. For those attending the Multicultural Hub, please select your preferred breakout group/s when you register. For online attendees, information on Zoom Breakout rooms will be available to registrants before attendance.
The seven themes of the workshop.
Each theme will be the topic of a live and virtual breakout group. Please choose from the list below.
1. The division of the proposed Commonwealth Integrity Commission (CIC) into halves
2. Definition of Corruption and Jurisdiction
3. The Threshold for an Investigation in the Public Sector
4. Whistle-blower Complaints
5. Public Hearings
6. Public reporting of the CIC’s findings
7. Oversight of the CIC
For more information, fill out the form below, or contact Ken Coghill (email@example.com; 0419 426 888)
Information request form