Our Parliamentary Integrity Awards honour those members of the Commonwealth Parliament who serve the public with outstanding integrity, often receiving little recognition, thanks or praise from the community.
Our aim is to remind people that there are MPs and Senators of integrity in the Parliament and to acknowledge and thank those who meet the high standards set by these awards.
With the 45th Parliament’s period of office likely to come to a close in May, we are now calling for nominations for:
- ART Button Award, named after Senator John Button – for ministers, the Speaker in the HoR and President of the Senate, parliamentary secretaries, shadow ministers and shadow parliamentary secretaries
- ART Missen Award, named after Senator Alan Missen – for MPs and senators on the backbenches and the crossbench
Those nominated will be judged on their performance over the term of this Parliament. Nominations may be made by the nominee or other individual and close 19 July 2019.
Presentation of the awards will be later this year.
Fiona McLeod, SC
Accountability Round Table
ART Integrity Awards – the Button and Missen Awards – are for MPs and Senators who have demonstrated outstanding commitment to the public interest in the performing their role with:
Honesty, Civility, Independence and/or Political Courage in one or more of the following:
- Supporting the principles and practice of transparent and accountable government
- Contributing effectively and constructively to parliamentary debate, committee deliberations and/or policy development in a way that promotes and/or supports good parliamentary practice and the institution of parliament
- Pursuing a change in government policy or practice whether generally or in response to a constituency issue or injustice
- Protecting peoples’ political and civil rights.
Previous winners of the ART Integrity Awards